Pelvic Floor Fit Lying Down Program
This 3 step pelvic floor program works on your your inner thighs helping stabilise your pelvic floor. When they’re flexible, you’re able to activate your pelvic muscles more deeply.
- To begin this pose, you should come to the lying position with your belly on the floor. Keep your arms at the sides of your torso, forehead resting on the ground, and your palms up.
- Breathe out and raise your head, legs, arms, and upper torso away from the ground. You will be resting on your front pelvis, belly, and lower ribs
- Raise your arms so that they come parallel to the ground and actively stretch them backwards.
- Remain in this pose for 30 seconds to a minute and release with an exhalation.
- Lying on your back, bend both your knees and place your feet on the floor hip width apart. Slide the arms alongside the body with the hands facing down. The fingertips should be lightly touching the heels.
- Press down into the arms and shoulders to lift the chest up.
- Breathe and hold for 4-8 breaths.
- To release: exhale and slowly roll the spine back to the floor.
RECLINED BOUND ANGLE
- Lie down with knees bent and feet flat on floor. Bring the base of your feet together and allow knees to fall out to sides. Rest arms by sides with palms up. Close eyes and breathe deeply.
- Hold 1 minute